Formerly known as Breastfeeding 101
Cost: $50 per couple
Classes fill very quickly, so early registration is recommended.
Breastfeeding mothers need all the support they can get. Our class will offer you dozens of professional video clips, utilizing a state of the art DVD to follow along with instructor curriculum, step by step instructions, printouts, and weblinks.
Classes are small by design in order to provide personal attention and are taught by a Care Connection Lactation Consultant, board-certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultants.
Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your baby. This natural but learned experience is made easier if you know what to expect! An experienced nurse practitioner/certified lactation consultant will help prepare you to breastfeed your baby during the first few weeks of life. Your partners are a GREAT SUPPORT and are welcome to join the class.
We will discuss:
- Breastfeeding’s amazing health benefits for you and your baby
- How breastmilk is made
- What to expect in the hospital – “the first hour” with your newborn
- Getting off to a good start, positioning and latch-on tips
- How to identify hunger cues from your baby
- How to know that your baby is getting enough milk
- Dealing with newborn sleepiness, fussiness, and growth spurts
- When pumping, supplementing and pacifiers are needed in the early weeks
- Avoiding problems for new moms such as nipple pain or engorgement
- Resources available to help when you have a question