Preparing to Breastfeed Your Newborn (Part 1)
November 7 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST
This class is being offered online via the zoom video conferencing platform.
Breastfeeding mothers need all the support they can get! Our class will offer you dozens of professional video clips, utilizing a state of the art DVD to follow along with instructor curriculum, step by step instructions, printouts, and weblinks. All Care Connection classes are small by design in order to provide personal attention.
Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your baby. This natural but learned experience is made easier if you know what to expect! An experienced nurse practitioner/certified lactation consultant will help prepare you to breastfeed your baby during the first few weeks of life. Your partners are a GREAT SUPPORT and are welcome to join the class.
We will discuss:
- Breastfeeding’s amazing health benefits for you and your baby
- How breastmilk is made
- What to expect in the hospital – “the first hour” with your newborn
- Getting off to a good start, positioning and latch-on tips
- How to identify hunger cues from your baby
- How to know that your baby is getting enough milk
- Dealing with newborn sleepiness, fussiness, and growth spurts
- When pumping, supplementing and pacifiers are needed in the early weeks
- Avoiding problems for new moms such as nipple pain or engorgement
- Resources available to help when you have a question
We want to SUPPORT you in your breastfeeding journey! Our lactation consultants are available to help you with any questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to call The Care Connection.
And, don’t forget about our second class, “Part II: Breastfeeding Beyond the Newborn Period”. You and your baby are invited to join a discussion and explore how breastfeeding evolves and life continues!
Cost: $50 per couple
Classes are taught by a Care Connection IBCLC Lactation Consultant.
This class may be covered by your insurance. Click here to confirm your coverage