- This event has passed.
October 26, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Breastfeeding mothers need all the support they can get! Our class will offer you dozens of professional video clips, utilizing a state of the art DVD to follow along with instructor curriculum, step by step instructions, printouts, and weblinks.
All Care Connection classes are small by design in order to provide personal attention.
How Breastfeeding Works:
- Breastfeeding is natural, the early weeks, how your breasts make milk, the letdown reflex, how your milk changes, special situations
- Latching on and positioning
- Getting off to a good start, mother & baby positioning, latching on, breastfeeding holds, and feeding patterns
When To Feed Your Baby:
- Hunger signs, crying patterns, sleepy eaters, pacifiers and bottle feeding.
- How much Is enough?
- How to know that your baby is getting enough milk, counting diapers, weight gain, feeding log, jaundice.
- Breast Care: breast fullness, expressing your milk by hand, engorgement, blocked ducts, nipple care, sore & cracked nipples, and breast infection.
- Taking care of yourself, family planning, diet for breastfeeding mothers, returning to work, expressing and storing your milk.